Mountain View High School



Back Row: Joi Leahy, Kate Hunter, Heidi Hackenbruck Front Row: Erin Moran, Shanna Nesbitt, Melissa Mitsch, Kathy Prock

Welcome Current & Future MVHS Cougars!

New and Transferring Students

Enrollment for the 2020-21 school year is now open. While our office is closed for the summer, families can enroll NEW students by:

  1. Completing the Online Enrollment Form (details below)
  2. Printing and completing a paper copy of the Enrollment Form and delivering that to the BLS District Office at 520 NW Wall Street, Bend OR 97703
  3. Visit our office to enroll in person when we re-open on August 17th


If you are brand new to the Bend-La Pine District, you may register your student online. Please visit the link below to enter your student's enrollment data. Be aware that you must live in the Mountain View school attendance boundary to take advantage of the online enrollment. If you live outside of the MVHS boundary you must first complete an Attendance Area Change Request at the Main Office of your boundary school and then complete enrollment in the Counseling Office.

You can register online here: Online Enrollment

Foreign Exchange Students

Mountain View High School opens our doors to exchange students because we believe the experience enriches our school, brings a global perspective to our community and provides an unforgettable opportunity for the visiting high school student to experience American culture. Agencies interested in placing students with us must first ensure students meet our acceptance criteria here.

MVHS Forecasting/Course Requests

Cougars and future Cougars, it's time to choose your classes for next year! We call this process "forecasting," and we'll build next year's schedule around your requests . . . so it's important that you complete this process by March 20th, 2020.

FORECASTING INSTRUCTIONS: Current 9th - 11th Graders


Transcript Requests

We provide transcripts to colleges, universities, trade schools and employers through Parchment for current and former students. Current and former students can create an account in Parchment here.

Class of 2020 Senior Information

Visit the Senior Information page of our website for information you need to wrap up this year. This page includes information about 2020 & 2021 graduation credit requirements, senior surveys, requests for letter of recommendation or transcripts, cap & gown order info and details about the 2020 graduation celebrations.

COVID-19 School Closure FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Please click this LINK for answers to many of the questions we have received regarding the remainder of this school year and what students can expect regarding semester 2 grades, graduation status, etc.

Cierre de Escuelas por COVID-19 Preguntas Más Comunes

Haga clic en este ENLACE para obtener respuestas a muchas de las preguntas que hemos recibido sobre el resto de este año escolar y lo que los estudiantes y las familias pueden esperar con respecto a los grados del segundo semestre, graduación, etc.

Athletic Eligibility

Student athletes must be enrolled in, and passing, five full classes to be eligible for sports. This includes the semester that you are participating in a sport and also the semester prior to your sports season.

Community Mental Health Resources

Crisis Resources:

Call 911 if you fear you or someone else is in immediate danger

24/7 Deschutes County Crisis Line 541-322-7500 ext. 9

24/7 Oregon Youthline at 1-877-968-8491

24/7 TrevorLifeline (LGBTQ specific) 1-866-488-7386

Deschutes County walk-in center at 2577 NE Courtney, Bend (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m)

Other Mental Health Resources:

The Bend-La Pine School District Student Mental Health webpage includes information to help connect students and families with mental health resources, including help lines, free counseling resources, tips for families and more.

The Mental Health Provider Directory is intended as a comprehensive local list with providers who can help individuals with a variety of mental health challenges. The list is offered voluntarily by providers themselves. Deschutes County, Central Oregon Suicide Prevention Alliance, and Bend-La Pine Schools do not endorse any providers listed here. Please make sure to research potential providers and contact them directly for any questions you may have.

The Child Center provides community-based outpatient programs focused on individuals with emotional, behavioral and mental health issues, and their families. MVHS students and families can access The Child Center services through the main clinic (541-728-0062) or through therapist Debbie Taylor (541-228-8180) who is located in an office in the MVHS Counseling Department.

Students can access more resources on their iPads through the First Step app. Students can also report tips and concerns to Safe Oregon on their iPads.

Office Hours

Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. or by appointment

Contact Us

Office Phone:

Counseling Fax:

Counseling Secretary/Registrar:
Heidi Hackenbruck


Kathi Prock
Student Last Names: A-D

Shanna Nesbitt
Student Last Names: E-J

Erin Moran
Student Last Names: K-Q

Kate Hunter
Student Last Names: R-Z

FAN Advocate:
Kathy Baglien
Office hours:
Tuesday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thursday from Noon to 4 p.m.
Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Families In Need Website


If you have questions about College Visits, Careers and your future, please visit our Careers and College page.