This fall, students and bus drivers will be required to wear a mask over their mouth and nose on school buses, per new guidance just released by the state. We will also be opening windows on buses to increase air flow, as long as weather allows. And, with your help, we will be routing our buses to carry fewer students while increasing physical distance between non-family riders.
While some of you may be uncertain about your fall transportation plans, we appreciate hearing what you would do if you were to make the decision today. You can change your bus riding plans at anytime.
Here is how you can help. Simply log in to ParentVUE via the below link on a browser (some phones may not provide all needed functionality) and let us know if your student will or will not* be riding a bus during the 2020-21 school year, so that we can plan routes with fewer students on board. That’s right, we need to have you log in, even if you do not have a bus rider. This will allow the seat “saved” for you to be released.
This rider/non-rider information is essential in our planning and allocation of resources for busing.
Here are the steps:
1. Login to ParentVUE. Select the Updates/Enrollment button.
2. Use the Save and Continue button to navigate through the Family, Parent and Emergency information windows.
3. At the Student window, select the Edit button. Use the Save and Continue button.
◦ While reviewing each student’s information you will see a window titled Bend – La Pine Schools Transportation Services. Please complete the questions and click on Save and Continue.
4. Click on Submit. Don’t forget this step!
* Students that will not be riding a bus may include students who drive themselves, or will be transported by other means.
ParentVUE information and the login window is available at https://www.bend.k12.or.us/district/organization/p...
If you need help with your ParentVUE account please email us at: [email protected]
Thank you for doing this today. With this information in hand, we hope to be able to build our fall bus routes with fewer students on board and with greater social distancing.
Thank you for taking a few minutes to help us plan for your student(s) safe return to school this fall.