Bend-La Pine Schools is pleased to announce the launch of the new District Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) option - bringing the number of learning options for students and families to three for the 2020-21 school year: All-in for grades K-3 or Balanced/Hybrid for grades 4-12, Connected for students in grades K-12; and the new District CDL, which pairs local students with local teachers for daily instruction, much like the current CDL model being used in classrooms today.
DISTRICT CDL LEARNING OPTION HIGHLIGHTS
This new model brings students from across the district together and pairs the cohort with a regular teacher for instruction. Students will stay with this cohort for the duration of the school year, building comradery and consistency in relationships and instruction.
This learning model is being made possible thank to new federal stimulus funds, passed through the state, which will allow us to hire staff.
All families, including those interested in the Digital Learning option, should complete this survey by Wednesday, January 20, which asks for identification of your student’s preferred learning model – A/B, C or D.
Learn more about our Expanded Learning Options
Find detailed daily schedules for each grade level, as well as more
details about the academic day by clicking on elementary, middle or high
school details below.
The following are components that families and students can expect from Comprehensive Distance Learning:
• Student learning happens five days per week
• A consistent weekly schedule of learning provided by the teacher(s)
• A balance of live and not-live learning
• Daily live connections to teachers
• A focus on care, connection and positive relationships with teachers and peers
• Attendance and participation are expectations for each student
• High academic standards and expectations with opportunities for additional academic support
• Report cards, letter grades and opportunities for regular feedback from teachers
• Transition years will receive connection opportunities (K, 6, 9)
• Elementary school Music and Physical Education
• Middle and High School elective courses
• Special Educations services, Section 504 accommodations English Language Development services
• Access to well-child health visits and other primary care needs at school-based health centers
• Access to school meals
• Access to internet connectivity
• K-12 iPads for students
• Technology Help Desk support for families 541-355-8700
Truly effective schools, whether in face-to-face or distance learning environments, support the needs of ALL learners by making evidence-based, high impact instruction a consistent and common thread that connects all classrooms. Bend-La Pine Schools strives to provide all students an equitable and meaningful school experience by using these as our guiding principles:
Visit our Return to School webpage for additional resources including information about metrics, communication to families, mental health resources and much more.
The following document includes a side-by-side comparison of Bend-La Pine Schools Online program and Comprehensive Distance Learning offered through our schools. Click on the link to learn about registration, curriculum, the platform, estimated hours per day, flexibility, support services and much more.