Bend-La Pine Schools will begin the 2020-21 school year in Comprehensive Distance Learning for the first six weeks, which means all students will be learning remotely. This decision will be reevaluated every six weeks, based on health metrics.
Find detailed daily schedules for each grade level, as well as more
details about the academic day by clicking on elementary, middle or high
school details below.
The following are components that families and students can expect from Comprehensive Distance Learning:
• Student learning happens five days per week
• A consistent weekly schedule of learning provided by the teacher(s)
• A balance of live and not-live learning
• Daily live connections to teachers
• A focus on care, connection and positive relationships with teachers and peers
• Attendance and participation are expectations for each student
• High academic standards and expectations with opportunities for additional academic support
• Report cards, letter grades and opportunities for regular feedback from teachers
• Transition years will receive connection opportunities (K, 6, 9)
• Elementary school Music and Physical Education
• Middle and High School elective courses
• Special Educations services, Section 504 accommodations English Language Development services
• Access to well-child health visits and other primary care needs at school-based health centers
• Access to school meals
• Access to internet connectivity
• K-12 iPads for students
• Technology Help Desk support for families 541-355-8700
Truly effective schools, whether in face-to-face or distance learning environments, support the needs of ALL learners by making evidence-based, high impact instruction a consistent and common thread that connects all classrooms. Bend-La Pine Schools strives to provide all students an equitable and meaningful school experience by using these as our guiding principles:
Visit our Return to School webpage for additional resources including information about metrics, communication to families, mental health resources and much more.
The following document includes a side-by-side comparison of Bend-La Pine Schools Online program and Comprehensive Distance Learning offered through our schools. Click on the link to learn about registration, curriculum, the platform, estimated hours per day, flexibility, support services and much more.