Bend Senior High School
Welcome back, Lava Bears and Lava Bear families!
The Bend Senior High School Yearbook program has a new staff of "Yearbookers" to capture this school year in stories and pictures for you! Remember that the yearbook is a PRE-ORDER memory book, so books must be purchased in advance. Our goal is to include as many Lava Bears as possible in the yearbook, so please watch for notifications about interview surveys, photo shoots, photo requests, and deadlines.
Humor your folks AND share your “First Day of School” pic with Yearbook.
Submit your photo ONLINE via our eShare account:
• a) Go to hjeshare.com
• b) Access code is “lavabears” (no caps, one word)
• c) Upload to eShare. Follow directions and please include all contact information in case yearbook staffers need to contact you for further details.
• Remember :
• - Describe the event or activity in the photo
• - Include full names and grade levels of Lava Bears pictured - Left to Right
• - Add a comment, detail, fun-fact, or "quote" that re-creates the moment pictured
• - All photos should be appropriate and meet school conduct code
• - Check the photo file size to ensure quality of the photo when you submit
• - Photos work best for the yearbook format when they tell a story about our Lava Bears. Action shots, zoomed close ups, and creative ideas always make great photos.
• Yearbook staff appreciates your help!
Our 2021-2022 Bend Senior High yearbook is currently on sale at Bears Are Back for a special early-bird price of $50. This price will increase due to the costs of publishing the yearbook, so please order yours today. Don't delay!
To purchase your Yearbook:
Log onto Touchbase at https://touchbase.bend.k12.or.us
Username: student's ID #
Password: student's last name in school data base (all lower case.)
Select "Items at Student's School" > "Yearbook" > Purchase item and check out.
TIP: *If you are a parent with students in Bend-La Pine schools, please DO NOT create a Guest Account. Sign in with your student’s account.
Instructions for Senior Photos - DEADLINE: Nov 8
Dear Class of 2022 and Parents of incoming Seniors:
We are excited to receive your senior photo for next year’s 2022 Bear Tracks Yearbook!
How to submit your senior portrait:
Make sure your photo meets the requirements listed below! We want your beautiful photo to look great in the yearbook, but you are responsible for reading and following the directions. Tip: Use a computer, rather than your cell phone, for easier cropping and to see ALL details prior to submission.
1. Confirm portrait is the correct file size, format (jpeg), and meets the guidelines below.
2. Label your photo correctly - last name_first name.jpg (Unnamed photos could be lost.)
3. Submit photo ONLINE to the yearbook company via our eShare account:
A: Go to hjeshare.com
B: Access code is “lavabears”
C: Upload photo to eShare under PORTRAIT
D: Follow directions. Be careful with crop tool. Watch for submission confirmation.
Please do not email BSH to confirm your submission. Your picture has been sent to the yearbook company and is in a design file for our school’s yearbook.
Please note: Photos will NOT be accepted via e-mail. Email can sometimes compress photos so that they are too small to use...and they can get lost! ONLY submit photos to eShare...and label with your student’s last name and first name as directed in the instructions. We don’t want the wrong photo to end up in the yearbook, so we ask for your help.
Senior Photo Requirements :
• Photos must be HEADSHOTS, framed from the chest up. Non-headshots or full body shots will be cropped to show just head and shoulders. Please avoid photos that are tilted! (These are very hard to crop correctly to fit requirements for the book page design.) Idea: If you LOVE a photo that is not a head shot, purchase a grad/baby ad!
• The preferred format is .JPEG with 300 ppi resolution at 3 x 4 inches.
• Picture File Size should fall between 2-5 mb. Slightly larger is fine, but too large a file makes it difficult to load onto a page with the other photographs. Too small of a file results in a fuzzy, pixelated picture when placed in the yearbook design pages.
• Photos must be in full color. No black and white or sepia tones.
• Photos must be in focus.
• Face must be easy to see with no dark shadows or obstructions. No hats or hoodies. Pay attention to lighting in your photographs. We can not lighten your photo.
• Photos must contain only you. (No friends, pets, props, etc.).
• No “selfies.”
We will make every effort to include your preferred photo. If the yearbook company does not receive valid portrait submissions before November 8, 2021, your school I.D. photo may be used instead due to print deadlines.
All requirements must be fully met, or your photo will revert to your school I.D. photo. Please be aware that Yearbook pages are submitted to the printing plant and printed early throughout the beginning of the school year with the final deadline for the full yearbook in March before Spring Break. Changes are often not able to be made after these submissions.
The use of any photo is up to the discretion of the Yearbook staff. We do not wish to discourage individuality; we do, however, wish to create a professional looking publication that all patrons enjoy and where your face in your picture is large enough to be seen.
The yearbook staff strives to include the senior portrait of every Lava Bear. Thank you for your efforts to submit portraits in a timely manner.
Q: My photo shoot date is after the deadline. What do I do?
-Try to schedule an earlier date for at least a headshot. You may need to find another photographer for the headshot photo.
-Ask your photographer to edit the headshot photo first and submit it online to hjeshare.com ASAP. (No promises.)
-Purchase a Grad/baby Ad for the back of the yearbook and share your favorite senior photos there.
Q: I am afraid that senior photos will be too expensive. I don’t know how to make an appointment.
-Ask your friends, family, teachers for recommendations for photographers, or if they are able to take a headshot photo that meets the senior portrait recommendations.
-Search online for photographers and make calls regarding pricing.
-Ask at school for teachers/staff that could help with taking a headshot photo for the yearbook.
Baby/Grad Ads are the pages near the back of the yearbook where senior families can purchase advertisement space to showcase their favorite baby picture, family photo, and/or friend/team photos of their senior with a short graduation message. It is optional, and there is a charge based on the size of the advertisement purchased due to printing and publication costs. More information will be posted later in the school year.