MAY Greetings . . .
As I reflect on this past year I realize how much I've enjoyed the last nine months and the opportunity to be a part of the education of your child. Both staff and students have diligently worked at stretching beyond their comfort levels of teaching and learning. I am excited for the challenges, bumps and resulting growth that I've seen kids experience throughout the year.
With the end of the year quickly approaching, here are a few events that are worth highlighting:
· May 15th will be our last LPMS dance of the school year and the theme will be "Candyland." It will begin at 2:45 and go until 4:30. If you have been approved as a volunteer and would like to help out at this event please contact Ms. Turrell or the main office.
· May 29th will be the Hawk Walk fundraiser sponsored by the LPMS Parent Support group. This all school event will occur the last 30 minutes of the school day.
· June 10th is the last Wednesday of the school year and it is a full day - we will be releasing students at 2:30, not the regular 12:50 Wednesday dismissal time.
· June 10th We will be recognizing all our 8th graders with an assembly in the morning beginning at 8:25 in the gym. At 9:15 eligible 8th graders will board busses bound for SHARC in Sunriver for an afternoon of activities, returning in time to catch their regular bus home. Later this evening those eligible are invited to a dance from 6:00 - 8:00PM at the high school auditorium. A big "thank you" is due to the parents and community members who have spent countless hours planning, organizing, and fund raising to make this day possible!
· June 11th Thursday will be the last day of the school year for students.Because of this, students will be dismissed at 12:50 (the regular Wednesday release time).
Finally, let me say that LPMS is a great place for students to be educated from a dedicated and caring staff that want only the best for your child.
Enjoy these summer months and the wonderful activities that our area offers!
Jim Boen, Principal