Dear LPHS Families,
Unbelievably, the time is upon us to start thinking about and planning for the end of the school year. In addition to graduation, the return of iPads will be necessary. This letter will address iPads first and then include a checklist of tasks that Seniors must accomplish before graduation.
Overall, this has been a successful first year of our Digital Conversion Initiative. Over the course of the year, we have learned many things. We've learned what to do and what not to do, what worked and what didn't work. Most importantly, we learned how we can improve our teaching and learning with the incorporation of iPads next year.
To get ready for next year, we need to start the process of collecting iPads so they can be cleaned up and updated for next year. The date for the return of Seniors' iPads is Tuesday, June 2nd . Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will return their iPads on Wednesday, June 10th .
On the dates stated above, iPads will be inspected and collected, along with chargers and charging wires. Here are some key details you and your student need to know about returning iPads:
● iPad Cleanliness - iPads should be returned clean and free of any stickers. Supplies for cleaning iPads will be provided at school. DO NOT use any cleaners or abrasive material to clean your iPad.
● Covers - Students own their covers. After checking in your iPad students may keep their cover. (Please note that heavy-duty covers will be a requirement next year. Cost will be approximately $20).
● Rising Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors will receive the same iPad next year that they used this year. Rising freshmen will receive iPads that are returned by this year's Seniors.
● Charging Bricks and Cords - The original charging bricks and cords must be returned with the iPad. The fine for losing a brick is $20, and the fine for losing a cord is $20. Damaged bricks and cords will not be fined as long as they are returned and it is determined that the damage is due to normal wear and tear. Bricks and cords are not covered by insurance.
● Damages - Families are responsible for any damages to the iPad not covered by insurance. The cost of damages will be communicated to parents after iPads are returned.
If you have any questions regarding our "roll-in" of iPads please contact Tonya Karlowicz at (541) 355-8435.
2014 - 2015 Senior Calendar and Check Off List
May 1, 2015 FINAL DEADLINE for all senior requirements.
May 26, 2015 All Bend-La Pine On-Line School class must be completed.
June 1, 2015 Mrs. Gunter on-line classes must be completed.
June 1, 2015 Seniors check out of 4th and 5th period.
June 2, 2015 Seniors check out of 1st 2nd and 3rd period.
June 2, 2015 iPad Check In
Final check out after lunch. Seniors will receive cap and gown, individual pictures will be taken during lunch.
June 4, 2015 REQUIRED graduation practice, 8:00 AM. All fees and fines must be paid before you practice.
Baccalaureate at 5:30 PM, wear gown.
Senior Awards and Scholarships 7:00 PM, wear gown.
June 5, 2015 GRADUATION DAY! Seniors be at LPHS by 5:30 PM for class picture.
Wear school appropriate clothing under your gown. Graduation at 7:00 PM.
* All seniors need to check with Mrs. Patrick in Student Services to make sure we have your name for your diploma and cap and gowns are ordered.
* Do not alter/decorate caps and gowns. Only school earned cords are allowed to be worn. No Exceptions!!
* Seniors that participate in "Senior Pranks" will not be allowed to participate in the Graduation Ceremony!
Thank you for your help and support.