Click Here for information about the Advanced Placement Scholar Awards Program, including the distinguished AP International Diploma.
Mountain View High School is a comprehensive four-year academic high school designed to serve more than 1400 students in Bend, Oregon. We are excited about welcoming returning students and the newest additions to our Cougar family, the Class of 2017!
Last year, we continued our "Cats with Class" tradition of excellence. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Ranked nationally by the "Best High Schools" program published by US News and World Report
- Ranked in the top 5% by "Great Schools" state rating second year in a row
- Students earned over 4000 College Dual Credits with a savings to families of over $250,000! Over 65% of the credits earned in Central Oregon, were by MVHS students
- Over 50% of our students enrolled in AP classes, with a 75% increase in the number of exams taken last year.
- The High Desert Droids Robotics team won the Regional Championships, qualifying them for Nationals
- The Cougar Speech and Debate Team competed Nationally for the 10th year in a row, sending nine national qualifiers to compete in seven events. The team is ranked in the top five in the state
- Our Skills USA Team qualified for Nationals for the third time in school history
- The Cougar boys and girls Nordic Ski teams took state titles for the 7th and 4th years in a row, respectively
Our staff cares deeply about your students and is devoted to providing the best learning opportunities for each individual. We infuse Cougar FIRE into everything we do: Focus, Integrity, Respect and Excellence are the values that guide our work. Some of the initiatives for this year include:
1. Fostering our Early College partnership with COCC. This program is focused on developing a program in which our students earn an Associates Degree (2 year degree), in addition to their high school diploma, by the time they graduate from high school.
2. Participating in the digital conversion pilot offered by our District. We were selected to be one of seven schools to provide an iPad for each of our ninth grade students. We are excited to explore instruction through digital platforms. Monitor our website for updates about this initiative.
3. Building on our outstanding academic and athletic programming for all students.
We look forward to partnering with you for another terrific year! Go Cougs!!!