6th Grade Humanities
The Humanities program became a 'block' consisting of language arts and social studies to promote instructional integration and provide transition from self-contained elementary structure to a fully departmentalized high school program. The humanities teachers are the keepers of Cascade Reading Program.
The Cascade Reading Program will:
- assure continuation of focused reading instruction at Cascade.
- clearly outline an articulated reading program based upon ODE curriculum standards.
- provide a cross-curricular emphasis for reading instruction.
- focus on best instructional and assessment practices supported by current research.
- provide for the needs of students with a wide range of abilities, interests and learning styles.
- promote a systematic approach to reading instruction that facilitates students developing effective reading habits of the mind.
6th grade Humanities Teachers: Ali Mills, Dan Curfew, Gina Taroli, Erica Dietz, Lindsay Compton